Friday, June 28, 2013

Japanese Set Meals at MOF @ My Izakaya


Went to MOF @ My Izakaya at Tiong Bahru Plaza for dinner. It is having a "Everyday is MOF Day!" promotion now, so there is a different promotion for each day from Monday to Friday. I went on a Thursday and the promotion is "30% off your 2nd set meal with every order of 2 set meals." 


I ordered a Vegetables Hot Pot & Salmon Set ($20.80). It comes with a vegetables hot pot, salmon sashimi, pickles, raw egg and rice. There are 2 soup bases to choose from - sukiyaki soup or miso soup. I chose sukiyaki soup. Usually I enjoy my sukiyaki with pork but this set only comes with beef or salmon, so I had to settle for salmon since I don't take beef. Personally, I don't think salmon taste good when cooked in hot pot, so I ate the salmon slices raw and they taste fresh. The vegetables hot pot is okay. 


My friend ordered the Salmon Set Meal ($19.80) which comes with salmon steak cooked in teriyaki sauce, tori karaage (fried chicken) in tempura sauce, pickles, rice and miso soup. The salmon is good but the chicken tastes salty.   

green tea, ice cream, red bean paste, sweet potato

For dessert, I ordered a Macha Imo ($6.80). Macha Imo is soft ice cream served with green tea sauce, red bean paste and Japanese sweet potato. The hot sweet potato tastes heavenly when eaten with the cold ice cream . I love it! 

By the way, each set meal also comes with a cup of tea or coffee. Overall, I find the set meals average. But, the Japanese desserts at MOF @ My Izakaya is a must try! 


MOF @ My Izakaya: 

302 Tiong Bahru Road, #02-16/17/18, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Singapore 168732

No comments:

Post a Comment