Monday, June 24, 2013

Mango Desserts @ Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert

Went to Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert at VivoCity for, well, dessert. As a mango lover, I was delighted to see the variety of mango desserts on the menu.  I ordered Mango Crystal Pearls and Grass Jelly ($5.30), Mango Pomelo Herbal Jelly ($5.30) and Mango Aloe Vera Sago ($5.30).

Mango dessert, Hong Kong dessert

Mango dessert, Hong Kong dessert

Mango dessert, Hong Kong dessert
 
Among the 3 mango desserts, I like Mango Pomelo Herbal Jelly the most. Herbal jelly is supposedly good for the skin and helps to clear the body of heat and toxicity. Eaten on its own, herbal jelly has a slight bitter taste which I don't like. However, when served this way, the sweetness of the mango and mango syrup hid the bitterness of the herbal jelly.

Overall, I give this shop a thumb-up for the variety and creativity of its desserts. However, I find the desserts too sweet because I think they added too much mango syrup. For Hong Kong style mango desserts, I prefer another shop - Honeymoon Dessert.


Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert: 

1 HarbourFront Walk, #B2-25A, VivoCity, Singapore 098585 

No comments:

Post a Comment