Wednesday, June 12, 2013

板面干 @ 旺角手工面 (Wang Jiao Handmade Noodle)


Normally, when I think of eating 手工面 (handmade noodle), I will always link it to some soupy noodle dish. Does not know that the dry version of the 板面 brings out a new kind of taste to the noodle. 

Was at West Coast Market Square, craving for 板面 (a type of handmade noodle), I noticed 板面干 (dry handmade noodle) on the signboard of this stall -  旺角手工面. With this hot weather now in Singapore, I decided to go for the dry version. Also, the dry version is not very common in Singapore (yet). 

West Coast Market Square, Singapore Hawker Food
板面干 (S$3)

This 板面干 tastes really unique once you stirred up the whole dish. The special dark sauce added more flavour to the dish, making it sweet and yet not too salty. The sambal chili is good but I find it too spicy for my liking. Those who like spicy food will love it. They can definitely improve on their anchovies which is not very cripsy. The soup at the side is also yummy. I guess, if I'm around the area, I might go back for the soup 板面. Overall, I find it filling and nice for a lunch meal.

Oh, do remember to return your own tray at the designated drop-off point after you had your meal - a campaign by the government.


West Coast Market Square: 

Blk 726 Clementi West Street 2 #01-193

No comments:

Post a Comment