Sunday, July 14, 2013

Japanese Curry Rice @ Monster Curry


Monster Curry is a restaurant that sells Japanese curry rice. It calls itself "The biggest and heaviest Japanese Curry Rice in Singapore". Indeed, the potion it serves is rather big. After ordering the curry rice you want from a variety of choices, you can add extra rice, extra sauce, or extra toppings such as cheese, sausages, shrimps, etc for an additional price. You can also choose the level of spiciness you want for your curry from a range of "1 flame" to "5 flames". In my opinion, 1 flame and 2 flames are mild. If you like spicy food, try "3 flames" or more.    


The Pork Shabu Shabu Omelette Curry ($14) is delicious! I ordered it because I have never eaten shabu shabu with curry rice before and thought it special when I saw it on the menu. The omelette rice is mediocre but the pork shabu shabu is yummy! The sweet pork goes surprisingly well with the spicy curry. A must try!
   

My friend ordered the Chicken Katsu Curry ($13). The chicken katsu is crispy on the outside but not tender on the inside. It is a bit tough. Not recommended.  

The curry rice comes with salad and pickles. Overall, the price is reasonable for the big potion. I'll be back to try the Fried Scallop Curry which I spotted on the menu. 

Monster Curry: 

2 Orchard Turn, #B4-52, Ion Orchard, Singapore 238801


No comments:

Post a Comment