Saturday, July 13, 2013

Old Punggol Satay @ Alexandra Village Food Centre

In my opinion, Satay is one of Singapore's all-time favourite food. My friend had cravings for it and she  recommended Old Punggol Satay at Alexandra Village Food Centre. And there we went. 

Old Punggol Satay sells chicken, pork and mutton satay. We ordered 10 sticks of chicken and pork satay each and it took around 15 minutes before the satay was served to us. The satay was a bit charred but that is what attracts us to this fabulous food. Basically, by look, I cannot distinguish which meat I am about to put into my mouth (this could be my own problem). But I guess this adds a bit of surprise element to eating Satay. But once I bite it, I know immediately. 

The satay is served hot and the chunks of meat are tender and oily. Yes, oily but delicious food comes with a price of adding more calories. However, the ketupat (rice dumpling) is relatively cold. Would preferred it to be a bit warmer.

Next is the peanut dip. It comes with pineapple which is quite special. But as for the peanut dip, I find it average. The peanut flavour is not that strong and thick. Maybe you can eat the satay on its own and dip the ketupat and cucumber in the peanut dip!?


Hawker, Satay, Queensway


Alexandra Village Food Centre
Blk 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1, #01-52 Singapore 150120

No comments:

Post a Comment